Mueller Accu-Therm® plate heat exchangers are designed to provide highly efficient heat transfer whether you are processing simple fluids, viscous solutions, or particulates. Plate Heat Exchangers (PHE) have many advantages over the Shell and Tube heat exchangers.:
- Utilize 1/5 of the floor space as Shell and Tube models
- Used in a wide range of applications and industries
- Designed for greater efficiencies and at a lower cost
- Available in an extensive range of sizes, alloys, and frame configurations
- Closer approach temperatures
- Easier cleaning and maintenance
Plate Heat Exchanger Types
Accu-Therm® Plate Heat Exchanger
Accu-Therm® plate heat exchangers are designed to provide you worry-free, highly efficient heat transfer whether you are processing simple fluids, viscous solutions, or particulates. Accu-Therm plate heat exchangers are available in an extensive range of sizes, alloys, and frame configurations to meet your needs.
Plates available in 304 and 316 stainless steel, titanium, Hastelloy® and Incoloy®
- Reduced Fouling
- Compact Size
- Cross Contamination Eliminated
- “Free-Flow” Plate Heat Exchangers
- High Viscosity Applications
- Lower Cost
- Easy to Clean and Inspect
- True Counter Flow
- Close Approach Temperatures
- Multiple Duties with a Single Unit
- Lightweight and Expandable
Accu-Therm® Semi-Welded Plate Heat Exchanger
Paul Mueller Company’s semi-welded plate heat exchanger is ideal for solution chilling and refrigerant condensing in refrigeration applications.
The plate pack is built utilizing welding cassettes (two plates welded together). The refrigerant side is contained within the welded portion of the cassette to include welding of the solution port. Gaskets are used to seal the secondary side, which makes the plate pack easy to disassemble and clean. The welded cassettes are designed for optimum gasket sealing. Higher pressure improves the sealing of the gaskets.
- Carbon Steel, blue painted frame. (Optional stainless steel frame is available.)
- Plate material: 0.6 mm AISI (304 or 316) or titanium.
- 150 to 300 psig design pressure. ASME code standard available.
- Gaskets are available in Nitril®, EPDM, Vitron®, Neoprene, or Chloroprene.
- Rubber lined, carbon steel, or metal lined (stainless steel or titanium) nozzles.
- Connections: Studded port, slip-on or weld neck flange, sanitary ferrule, or stub end.
Accu-Therm® Sanitary Plate Heat Exchanger
The sanitary Accu-Therm plate heat exchanger is designed to meet a variety of sanitary process applications and it meets or surpasses the most stringent sanitary requirements.
- Designed specifically to meet sanitary process requirements and eliminate cross-contamination
- Provides high efficiency heat transfer performance
- Reduces fouling and the need for frequent cleaning
- High thermal efficiency and high surface density allows for compact size
- Expandable and lightweight
- Significantly more economical than other types of heat exchangers due to higher thermal efficiency and lower manufacturing cost
- Allows for easy disassembly, cleaning, and inspection
- True counterflow allows for greater effective temperature differences
- Close approach temperatures of 1°F to 2°F
- Serves as a practical application for high viscosity fluids
Brazed Plate Heat Exchanger
Paul Mueller Company offers one of the world’s largest range of brazed plate heat exchangers. Many of these units are available in stock and can be shipped the next day in most cases.
Brazed plate heat exchangers can be used for a variety of refrigerant applications, including, Condensers, Heat Pump, Air Conditioning, Refrigerant and Chillers, Evaporators, Oil coolers.
- Contains up to 200 herringbone pattern embossed plates of stainless steel construction
- Intersecting ridges of adjacent plates create a compact, pressure-resistant heat transfer process involving almost all material
- Allows for the design of more compact engineering systems
- Provides a cost-effective, superior solution to your heat transfer applications
- Reduces cooling media volume, further reducing the cost of fluid handling systems and energy consumption
- Easy maintenance and repair
Heat Transfer Replacement Parts
Contact Sales @ Zazula to receive a quote or more information about replacement parts including:
- Plate and gasket pack
- Loose gaskets
- Plate assemblies
- Port rings
- Boot liners
- Compression bolts
- Upper and lower guide bars
- Fixed and movable frames