Pulsation, vibration, water hammer, surge… we’ve been solving pump problems since 1976. Wherever vibration, pressure fluctuation, non-steady flow, noise, or rapidly wearing pump components are a problem or a significant disadvantage in the application, Blacoh can solve these problems to improve both the efficiency of the pump and the longevity of its components.
SENTRY Pulsation Dampeners & Arrestors
remove hydraulic shock and vibration, enhancing all-around performance and reliability of fluid flow applications.
Positive Displacement (PD) pumps create pulsation and hydraulic shock due to the reciprocating nature of their stroking action, potentially damaging the entire pumping system.
BLACOH’s SENTRY Pulsation Dampeners & Surge Suppressors remove virtually all hydraulic shock, enhancing all-around performance and reliability of fluid flow in industrial and chemical transfer applications.
- Whether a piston, plunger, air diaphragm, peristaltic, gear, or diaphragm metering pump, a SENTRY Pulsation Dampener placed at the pump’s discharge will produce a near steady fluid flow up to 99% pulsation and vibration free
- Protects pipes, valves, fittings, meters, and in-line instrumentation from destructive pulsations, surges, cavitation, thermal expansion, and water hammer
- Creates steady and continuous flow when dosing, blending or proportioning additives
- Ensures accuracy, longevity, and repeatability of in-line meters
- Enables uniform application of material in spraying and coating systems
- Reduces product agitation, foaming, splashing and degradation of product
- Provides liquid energy storage for emergency valve closure and other equipment shutdown
- Reduces overall energy cost with continuous flow, rather than start/ stop flow
- Operates as a reservoir for make-up fluid
SENTRY Inlet Stabilizers
improve liquid flow to the inlet side of any pump, extending the service life of all inlet system components.
Positive displacement (PD) pumps contain an inlet valve that alternately opens and closes, creating an acceleration and deceleration of fluid into the pump.
The patented “J” Model Inlet Stabilizer works to minimize these pressure fluctuations and acceleration head losses by preventing fluid column separation at the pump’s inlet. This improved flow to the pump’s inlet effectively extends the service life of all inlet system components.
- Ensure complete chamber fill, extending component service life
- Protect pumps, valves, diaphragms, and pistons from excess stress and strain
- Protect inlet components from vibration and fatigue
- Ensures accuracy of inlet side gauges
- Prevent premature system component failure
- Prevent cavitation
- Prevent gauge damage due to vibration
- Extend diaphragm life in all diaphragm pumps
INLET STABILIZER FEATURES:
- Improved inlet flow conditions
- Patented control unit allows you to adjust for pressure or vacuum settings
- Regulates for suction lift or positive inlet pump conditions
- Available in 10 cu in (.16L) to 10 gallon (37.85L) sizes
- All standard models available from stock
- Bodies available in a full range of chemically resistant materials
Enhance system performance in a variety of applications across multiple industries.
Accumulators are storage vessels that hold fluid under pressure and are commonly used in fluid power systems to store fluid as energy to be released on demand. When used in hydraulic circuits and machinery, they are sometimes referred to as hydraulic accumulators or hydro pneumatic accumulators. Accumulators are also used to eliminate pulsations for a smooth fluid flow and protect systems from hydraulic shock. The most popular design has an internal bladder that acts as a separator between the stored fluid and a compressed gas charge.
- Accumulators are used in a variety of applications across multiple industries to increase system productivity and lower operating costs.
- Store pressurized fluid as energy
- Temporarily increase/supplement pump flow
- Auxiliary power for equipment cycling, valve closure and emergency shutdown
- Maintain system pressure
- Makeup fluid for system leakage or bleed down
- Compensate for thermal expansion
- Dampen pulsations and vibrations
- Absorb hydraulic shock/water hammer
- Bladder, Diaphragm and Piston models
- Bottom and Top Repairable options
- Tested at 1.5 times maximum pressure
- Built to meet ASME standards and most international pressure vessel code requirements
- BLACOH Accumulators are available in a variety of sizes and materials suitable for the most demanding applications.
- Pressure ratings to 5,075 psi (350 bar)
- Sizes from 12 cu in to 13.5 gal (.20 to 51L) – larger sizes upon request
- Carbon Steel and 316L Stainless Steel bodies
- Buna, EPDM, Viton and PTFE bladders
- FNPT, BSP and Flange inlet ports
Diaphram Seals and Valves
Isolate and Protect Process System Instrumentation Without proper protection, process fluids regularly contaminate and damage in-line system instrumentation.
- Protect gauges and other system instrumentation from process fluid contamination and corrosion
- Accurately transfer process pressure without direct contact with process fluids
- Prevent erratic surges and clogging due to solids in process fluids
- Protect gauges from freezing and slurries
- Ensure accuracy and reliability of pressure instrumentation when working with corrosive or solids-laden fluids
- Reduce costs by replacing expensive gauges with low-cost utility gauges
Diaphragm Seals, also referred to as ‘gauge guards’, employ a chemically resistant diaphragm to effectively isolate process fluids from gauges and other system instrumentation. The durable diaphragm allows SENTINEL to accurately transfer process fluid without direct contact with hazardous or corrosive process fluids.
Our SENTINEL Diaphragm Seals are easily installed, come in a variety of chemically resistant materials, and work in both pressure and vacuum conditions.
- Body materials: CPVC, PVC, Polypropylene, PVDF, 316L Stainless Steel and Alloy 20
- Diaphragms: EPDM, PTFE and Viton®
- Pressure ranges up to 1,000 psi (68.9 bar)
- Gauge accuracy of +/- 2% or better full deflection
- All standard models in stock with custom models on request
- FNPT, Socket Weld and Flange inlet sizes
- Available with and without gauges